Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

KDR or other options?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

It's come time to either renovate, sell, or knock down/divide/rebuild our house and land. I'm just looking for some advice/referrals to someone that can come out and look at our house, and let us know what the best option (financially) to take is?

I'm really keen to sub divide, build and rent/sell one and keep the other but wondering what the other options are, and whether we might be better off selling or demolishing and selling instead.

What kind of companies to the above? I've tried searching google but can't find anything! Any nudge in the right direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
When our neighbours were in the same position, they had a real estate agent come out to assess their place. Based on their property and market conditions, he recommended selling or KDR, but advised against renovations or adding a second storey. A builder who lived in the street had been very enthusiastic about renovations, but the real estate agent was spot on. KDR took off in the suburb a year or two later and renovating would have been a bad option.
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum