Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Self levelling a floor

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys

Have recently been renovating my house it is on stumps. I am just after some advice on self levelling the floor. I had about 9 stumps replaced but he didn't recommended jacking it up to high as all the tiles in the bathroom I renovated a couple of years ago would have cracked. It is a big job and expensive for me to replace the joists etc so don't want to do that.

I have a timber flooring and decided I was going to tile again and have put fibre cement sheeting over the top but now have decided to do a floating floor as it's more cost effective as well for me.

So basically I'm at the stage where I want to level the floor most of it is pretty good but have a couple of sections in my kitchen and living room that dips about 15mm. Can anyone recommend what I can use to self level the sheeting I have layed is James Hardie underlay.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone would be free to have a chat to someone if you have any advice

Cheers Adam
Related
18/11/2023
level the ground with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB boa

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi guys, I want to do some floor levelling before laying the planks and am considering doing it with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB board. I am wondering which one…

12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

18/07/2023
Current thinking on garage floor level with house floor

Building A New House

isn't a garage level with the rest of the house a given? pretty sure they 'came around' long time ago. if you have a flat block, the garage is usually level with the rest…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum