Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Noosa 26 - Hallway wall Recess

Page 1 of 1
I am currently building a new home with Coral homes.
I am building a Noosa 26. I am just wondering if anyone knows the size of the two wall recess in the hall way ?
Thank you
On our plan they are 1200mm wide x 900 high 140 deep with a 600 spacing between the two.
We have the 2550 high ceiling package with gives us a 300 Sq. set making the recess approx1350 from floor level.

Hey, im building a Noosa 26 and just wanted to let u know something we only found out about when we did our electrical appointment. The light switch for the main bathroom needs to go on the outside of the room as it can't fit inside the door as the shower is there. If i had of known id change the door to a cavity slider so u could put lights on other wall opposite shower. Anyway sorry to butt in
Can't help with the recesses as we removed them.

We didn't come across that at our appointment, so currently our "official electrical" has it between shower and door.
Plan looks like it has plenty of space for it (designer spec with no bathroom upgrade), but you are further ahead than we are.
D and B
We didn't come across that at our appointment, so currently our "official electrical" has it between shower and door.
Plan looks like it has plenty of space for it (designer spec with no bathroom upgrade), but you are further ahead than we are.

Oh really, thats strange. I would rather it inside the bathroom, imagining my kids turning the light off on each other while in the shower!

That's exactly what David said, he could imagine something flicking the switch from the outside while someone is in the bathroom πŸ˜‹
Update:
We ran into light switches problems. Electrician just moved them to alternate locations from plan.
So even if you are told they fit they won't install them there, they moved Bedroom 2 and the bathroom (were moved to wall where door opens onto, so door had to bee entirely opened and walk into bedroom before can turn on lights), totally forgot about checking every spot as I found more pressing issues that had to have a phone call about.
Thank you , I have ended up removing the recesses in the hallway.
Also don't have the problem with the light switch in the main bathroom , as we have moved around all the rooms on that one side, but thank you for the heads up.
A tip,
If you have long plastered hallway,
recesses can break up the plaster so plaster joins etc may be less visible
with glancing light - mine look terrible with light coming through the window alongside front door.

Different Builder that visited me recently suggested that would have been better to put the niche on long wall.
Oh well more artwork required πŸ˜‰for me.
Related
3/10/2023
Laundry floor has recess under cupboard

Laundry

Waterproofing wet areas, including laundries is a requirement now. I don't know if it was 12 years (for a laundry) but I can't see why it would t have been. Have you got…

23/10/2023
Alternative to hallway?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Might cheaper to changer your idea of what makes a home, have you considered building a porch?

21/10/2023
Hallway arch - hoping to make less ugly

Interior Decorating Lounge

at most it will have a short lintel which could be moved up just below the ceiling or even above. Above means you need to patch the cornice and might need to deal with…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum