Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

CIG gas bottle dumped on our site. HELP

Page 1 of 1
Hoping someone can help.

A friendly neighbour dumped a CIG gas bottle in our builders waste. The builder left it behind & we can't find where to dispose of it. I've contacted BOC, Supagas, CIGWELD & the council but no one can help.

Please contact me if you know where we can dispose of it.

Back through his front window?? Kidding. Maybe.
Nice feature landscape piece in his front yard

Place on nature strip with universal language.
FREE, PLEASE TAKE.

You could also potentially offer it for free via Gumtree or Freecycle. There's probably someone out there who'll take it.
algernon
You could also potentially offer it for free via Gumtree or Freecycle. There's probably someone out there who'll take it.

Thanks.

I've also posted on gumtree for free. No one interested yet.

I've been given the number of a business called cylsafe who apparently recycle gas bottles. Waiting for a return call.

If it is a CIG bottle, they would want to reclaim it. Those things are worth money.
qebtel
If it is a CIG bottle, they would want to reclaim it. Those things are worth money.

I can't find a contact for CIG anywhere.

Rondy, have you tried calling the EPA. They might be able to tell you where to take it.

rtforresters
Rondy, have you tried calling the EPA. They might be able to tell you where to take it.

Thanks! I'll give them a try.

Sustainable Victoria game me the name of a recycler Cylsafe. Have called & messaged on Facebook but no reply. Perhaps they're on holidays.

rondy
qebtel

CIG is now BOC.
http://www.boc-limited.com.au/en/contact/contact.html
qebtel
rondy
qebtel

CIG is now BOC.
http://www.boc-limited.com.au/en/contact/contact.html

Thanks.

BOC have finally agreed to accept ownership & collect the bottle.
Related
2/05/2023
gas line re-purposed to water main?

Building A New House

thanks Simeon appreciate your input.

6/09/2023
building a deck and gas hot water

General Discussion

I want to build a decking to the drawn shape outlined in black. The problem is how close can I build to the gas hot water unit? Will I be able to build around it and be…

20/12/2023
Nitrogen gas left in the compressor, is it normal practice

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

you need a fridgie to answer but I would think you vac the whole system then add gas if you have a leak, unless it is new install with the gas already loaded, in that case…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum