Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Plumbing 'shed' toilet

Page 1 of 1
Hi All!

Was wondering if anyone had installed toilets into sheds? We are on acerage and I want to install a toilet into a shed that's about 30m from the septic system. The natural fall of the land is downhill.

I have googled but can't seem to find anything that specifies how far the toilet can or should be from the septic system.

Any ideas?
they make a masticator pump
which is a box about the size of small suitcase that attaches to toilet and then pumps the waste uphill to the original septic point
one example
https://www.plumbingsupply.com/macerati ... ystem.html
Our shed design has a very simple, effective toilet system. A side access door to the garden.
IF you have fall over the 30 metres, just hook it in to existing. The waste doesnt always go down to the tank you know, in most residential systems youll find the lines are holding waste. Each flush just keeps moving it down. You'll be fine with an s-trap at your end (pardon the pun).
Thanks guys,

Yes there is fall from proposed toilet to the septic, It also wouldn't get a whole lot of use TBH.

I don't feel so stupid now talking to the plumber and builder about it now, Thanks very much
All depends on what the fall is: talk to your plumber about that. My plumber brother often advises customers after he has unblocked their sewer to only use full flush, not half flush.
Related
7/05/2023
Rendering old corrugated shed

General Discussion

Is it possible to render an old corrugated iron shed.I have heard that it can be done if it is covered with chicken wire first.Not sure of the ratio of the render mix and…

15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

14/06/2023
Lining Shed

General Discussion

Hi, I am sheeting the inside of a 5.7 x 8m shed with gyprock. Unfortunately the shed wasn't designed for internal cladding but I have been framing it up as strongly as…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum