Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

House on boundary

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

Built a house (Simonds palisade for those interested), we knew it was close to the boundary and when it came time to put a fence up, we were told that the house is too close to the boundary for a fence. So our garage and our living room walls act as a fence. Having issues with neighbours kids throwing basketballs against our living room wall, our heads are against the wall and it makes a lot of noise and vibration. Not only is it bloody annoying I'm worried that the neighbours are going to damage our wall. We have 18cm on their side that is our land. Is there anything I can put up against the wall to protect it and stop the problem? And yes I have spoken with their mother already.
Thanks if anyone can provide any ideas.
If I knew this would happen I would have changed our dimensions.
Quite an annoying situation you've got there. Honestly I would just put up a fence anyway. It may stop them from throwing the ball against the wall and act as a barrier. I'm not sure if there are any fancy things out there that can stop sound etc but maybe someone else on this forum has some good advice and knowledge on this kind of stuff

Related
19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

19/08/2023
Easement and building garage to boundary

Renovation + Home Improvement

You should be able to encase the sewer but you will need it designed and approved and access to lot 580 to do the work

18/10/2023
Garage on boundary line.

General Discussion

In WA zero lot is actually zero lot. We build 10mm in from the boundary. My house and my neighbours house have garages that sit only 20mm apart. When I had our roof done…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum