Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Is anyone building with Wilson Home Tas

Page 1 of 1
Is anyone building or has built with Wilson Homes in Tasmania ?
Hi we are going to Build with them, currently waiting for a quote.
Cheers
Hi I should say it's not a quote, we were given an estimate when we first asked about building, now waiting for a proper price before we sign a contract, ask me anything, if I know the answer I will say. I am in the U.K. So times might be out .
Cheers
Lorri
Hi I should say it's not a quote, we were given an estimate when we first asked about building, now waiting for a proper price before we sign a contract, ask me anything, if I know the answer I will say. I am in the U.K. So times might be out .
Cheers

Hi Lorri,
We are also building with Wilson homes, the whole process has been really long. We agreed on a plan and paid our deposit back in February and only got council approval in late September. Our end price jumped up $25,000 since first estimate then extra $10,000 for above ground storm water tank cost. Site work started last week then hopefully footings poured tomorrow. Finally something happening after months of waiting.
Hi Charlie, where are you building? We are communicating with Wilsons by email, they are not too keen on replying to ours sometimes. Why are you having an above ground storm water tank? Do you know how to use the PM on this site? If you do I will send you one. If the price they come back to us with is too high then we won't go ahead with the build.

Hi I sent you a PM , what was the $25000 extra for? Can you post any photos? How did you find them regarding any Changes? How soon after signing the contract did they start work on our house.
Cheers

Hi how's the build going, any progress?
Lorri
Hi how's the build going, any progress?

Hi Lorri, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. We are in a rental property at the moment which has been put up for sale so we are looking for somewhere else before its sold. Brickwork to floor level has started, they started last Friday and look to be about half way through. Seems to be taking a long time but there is a lot of brickwork to be done. Have you received your final pricing yet ?

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=58C62114
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5892006D. My daughter just put some photos on here for me, I hope the link works. Have you got facebook ? I thought it may be a good way to stay in touch.
Hi, yes the links worked fine, it looks like they are getting on with it at .Yes I have facebook, will pm you on here. What a shame your rental didnt last until the house was done, would have saved you on hassle and stress of moving again.
Cheers

PS forgot to say STILL waiting on pricing ,what a joke!!!!!
Related
21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum