Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

A decent roof tile repair?

Page 1 of 1
All,

I recently have a glue fixed roof tile replaced (the pic with white Marks), however the new tile installed present a 0.5 cm or so gap with the old ones. I am wondering if that is normal / acceptable ?

Comments and advise appreciated.

Wen
You should ideally have the gap smaller, say up to 0.3cm but I haven't seen issues with the gap that you mention. However you should check and see if water can permeate through the gap because bigger gaps can lead to more water seepage.
Hi Wen,

Firstly the usual fixing material is silicone... poor colour selection that's for certain... and possibly just a very short-term 'fix'

But I'd be more worried about four other things:-
1. Does the silicone seal extend right to the top of the full (broken) tile
2. Is the silicone structurally sound and actually approved by the tile manufacturer or the silicone manufacturer in this situation
3. IF silicone is OK to use... what minimum thickness is required between the tiles.
4. Do both portions of broken tile have a mechanical projection over the roof batten,
Related
22/02/2024
roof structural repair

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thanks for the information.

28/08/2023
Ceiling Repair

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi All, Hoping someone might be be to provide some advice on my ceiling that needs repair. Photos attached, but seems like the alcove (??) is pulling away. Thanks Thomas

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum