Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Dog door ideas

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, we are wanting to add a dog door to our new build but not sure whether to place it at the laundry door or in a window somewhere.

Does anyone have any unique ways to install a dog door? Did you put in a glass door/window or wooden door?

What is the safest option? Any good companies in Melbourne that you would recommend?
If you have a glass sliding door, you can buy an insert that goes to one side and is lockable and stuff. I think called a pet patio door?
aloenyx
If you have a glass sliding door, you can buy an insert that goes to one side and is lockable and stuff. I think called a pet patio door?

Thank you I will check that out. I do have some sliding doors to back yard.

Solution for glass door

I recently bought this dog door that goes in the sliding door. It fits across the glass slider as well as the screen. I haven't found any other doog door that does this.
These are also made in Australia and can be custom made.
It is quite expensive, but my dog is like one of my kids and we like her to be able to come and go as she pleases.
http://www.patiolink.com.au/
Sandra
sandra77
I recently bought this dog door that goes in the sliding door. It fits across the glass slider as well as the screen. I haven't found any other doog door that does this.
It is quite expensive, but my dog is like one of my kids and we like her to be able to come and go as she pleases.
Sandra

Thanks, I'll check that out. I'm prepared to invest in a quality product because our dog is a part of our family and like a child too.

Did they deliver it and you installed it?

Edmundo
Solution for glass door

That looks nice and neat. Do you have a company name that sells that one?

Yes, they deliver and you install.
As an estimate ours was an XL size for our weimaraner and it was $600.
We also had to get an extension part for the width as we have a 3 stacker door.
We will be installing this on Friday, if you like I can put up a pic?
All the best.

Sandra
sandra77
Yes, they deliver and you install.
As an estimate ours was an XL size for our weimaraner and it was $600.
We also had to get an extension part for the width as we have a 3 stacker door.
We will be installing this on Friday, if you like I can put up a pic?
All the best.

Sandra

Yes I'd love to see a pic, thanks.
sandra77
Sandra

Oooh... wishing I had a sliding window in my study now to put in the cat window.
We have a full glass sliding door in our laundry, we had a guy come out, measure it, and ordered new glass pane with a circular hole in it for a doggy door. Was about $350 I think all up.
slknv
We have a full glass sliding door in our laundry, we had a guy come out, measure it, and ordered new glass pane with a circular hole in it for a doggy door. Was about $350 I think all up.

Oh great. Can you post a picture?

Also just saw this type by Aussie Pet Doors

Any ideas to help with a cat flap?
It came with the aluminium security door when we bought the place.
Unfortunately it does not have any clips to shut it so the lil buggers can't get out when the door is left open for the breeze in summer.
Tried so many things from screws and bolts (safety hazard for the cats) to magnets (dont work on aluminium) to now shoe laces put through either side with some cardboard.
Please help.
Related
26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

20/07/2023
Gable Extension Ideas and Question?

General Discussion

I would say both styles you have pictured are steel. The lower chord of the first pic would be a massive lump if made using timber considering the size of the rafters. If…

1/11/2023
Ideas for Privacy Wall?

General Discussion

Hi guys We have just removed a very large grape vine which was mounted to a structure along this wall. This is a shared wall with our neighbour, and after removal, we…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum