Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Need a recommendation on a high quality garden shed builder

Page 1 of 1
Need someone based around Melbourne.

What I don't want: "We import flat packed thin metal sheds from taiwan and can leave on your naturestrip for ease of installation by you"

What I do want: "A business that has a good reputation, been around for a while, that can design and construct a 4.5m x 2m approx shed that is built to last out of high quality Australian steel, along with constructing a proper custom floor (the shed will be built on a slanted path so 1st step is to build a level floor).

Ideally don't want to deal with a franchised chain of stores.

Look forward to your recommendations!
high quality garden shed builder

lol you're over complicating things. As far as building a piddly garden shed, its not an art, even a 12 yo who knows what a spirit level is for, could do it. Ditto for boxing up a 6m2 slab and some reo to go with it.

Pick someone out of your Yellow pages, then research them on the net. If they've been around for some years they should be alright. Tell them you want a shed made of Australian made steel. Roberto's ya uncle.

And your fear of franchised stores is unfounded I think. Its the actual builder/operator, not the franchise chain, that counts.

Do not pay any money until the job is completed, or make a part payment on completion of a stage. If they insist otherwise, do not engage.
Related
3/04/2024
Builder Recommendation >> CG vs TA vs Glenvill vs Metricon

Building A New House

Hey guys, I have just purchased a block of land in Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. The block size is 630 Sq Mtrs (land settlement is due in 6 months). This is purely an…

13/06/2023
Concreting surface too high

Paving & Concreting

It will be neat but you won't have much freeboard. At least they are not weep holes. Are you in a high intensity rainfall region? The regulatory slope is only required…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum