Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Staircase Treads Risers

Page 1 of 1
Just curious to what everyone put down for their staircase treads/risers. We have been quoted $4500.00 for maple treads/risers. We don't like carpet and has anyone found a cheaper alternative?
Are they quoting gold fixings?...try tiles
A bit more info on the staircase is required. Is that $4500 for the whole staircase supply and install including the maple treads and risers or the difference between the cheaper MDF option and the maple ???

Stewie
Thats verrryy cheap if it is for the whole staircase! I'm guessing till OP says that it must be the difference between MDF and Maple. Difference on our staircase from MDF to spotted gum was $5600.
The MDF staircase just on it's own costs $1700. We asked what was the cheapest option as far as a hard wood goes they said we could have a pacific Maple with staining $4420 on top of the $1700.
Still seems ridiculously cheap. I've got a few quotes for ours and they don't come anywhere near that price for plain MDF. Is the staircase small? How many treads and risers are we talking and what city are you in?
Is this just the upgrade cost? Not the full cost of the stairs? Would make more sense?
Stairs by Bosch stairs in vic ash 4500 installed 10 steps then two platforms turning right with two more steps to ground .
Ps $4500 for vic ash stairs also includes rails on both sides.
The staircase made out of MDF consisting of 13 steps with a platform in between will cost $1700.
If we choose to upgrade and get pacific maple for the risers treads and platform the added cost on top of the
$1700 will be $4420 = $6120 We are in Sydney. We don't know if this is a good price.Q: Should we wait and get quotes to upgrade the MDF stairs after installation.
Related
28/12/2023
$13,500 staircase and we get grade E timber.

Building A New House

Staircases and sausages. Should thou wish to keep thy palate sweet for sausages, avert thine eyes from their crafting.

30/01/2024
Help Staircase void too small

Building A New House

Not sure if that works? I was told the issue is the headspace clearance requirement on step 4. My builder is proposing shifting the beam 310mm towards the kitchen...I'm…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum