Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Landscaping ideas please.

Page 1 of 1
Waiting for land before building a metricon Fortitude 32 (34sq after mods). Just thinking about landscaping and hoping people have some ideas.

Would love to hear what u think.. and see some mockups.

Try reposting in to the Landscaping sub-forum here.
My tip - just sit and draw plans. Put ideas on paper.

I've seen others pay a fortune to hire "experts" who do not really produce gardens that the person couldn't have done themselves - with some thought.
It really depends on what kind of lifestyle you lead and what you want from the space.

- How much of a green thumb do you have and how much time do you want to spend maintaining the grass/ gardens? Low maintenance may mean less or no grass, more paved/ decked/ concreted areas, more native plants and bushes would suit.
- How much time do you plan spending outside and doing what? Would an extended entertaining area or area for an outdoor kitchen or fire pit be more useful, or some grass for pets/ kids.

I have a smaller space so am planning on vertical gardens and natives plus ferns to make my small back area more of a green rainforest retreat outdoor room off the covered back deck, more than a large grassed area, and a fire pit or close equivalent off to one side.

If you want a low maintenance frontage maybe some large leafed banana plants or shrubs interspersed with some colorful red or yellow shrubs to give the flowering plant look without the effort. Frame the garden beds with a strip of lawn out front and the path to the side access maybe.

Hope this helps.
Related
16/04/2024
Front Fence Landscaping Ideas

Landscape & Garden Design

I recently finished my house and after landscaping, have begun to plan a fence. To be honest its been a bit of an afterthought so I'm after some much needed advice. The…

15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum