Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Door to Door Car Transport ? Melbourne to Tasmania

Page 1 of 1
Hi There
Not home or building related so Mods feel free to move the post.

I am wanting to have my car Transported from my home in Melbourne to Tasmania (Door to Door) I will be staying in Tasmania for a few months so I need my car to be there..Before anyone mentions The Spirit Of Tasmania I would rather not go on it if I can avoid it

Does anyone know of a reputable company to use for this ?

Thanks Once again
Hi,

Maybe contact Pickles auctions. We bought a car from the mainland a few years ago through Pickles and they arrange transport to Hobart (we didn't use them as DH went and picked up the car in person), but I'm sure they would use someone reputable.

Oh and enjoy your stay in our beautiful city, just remember to pack your thermals
Try http://www.movingcars.com.au/ they give online quotes...
TNT Car Carrying?? We've used them - great!
Amber I couldn't resist.

This will work.

Until you reach the rip

Good one Yak-Chat!
Yak_Chat
Amber I couldn't resist.

This will work.

Until you reach the rip

Classic Top Gear....although DW and I were p*ssin' ourselves on Monday with the British Leyland test.
i would suggest posting this question on some of the good car forums like streetcommodores.com or ls1.com

The advice and experiences will flood in.

It is a topic fraught with good and bad companies.
Pretty sure one of the guys on streetcommodres used to do car transport. (stumbles)
another idea is PM Commodorenut on this forum, may have some good feed back too.

The big companies are not always the best companies.

Stumbles there says the above posted mob are a good one.
and in this post...
http://www.aznue.com.au/myforum/showthr ... =transport

TNT go by another name now I am pretty sure.

I would suggest making very detailed noteswith pictures of odometer and each panel before having to go through filling out the carriers form.
Amber27
Hi There

I am wanting to have my car Transported from my home in Melbourne to Tasmania (Door to Door) I will be staying in Tasmania for a few months so I need my car to be there..Before anyone mentions The Spirit Of Tasmania I would rather not go on it if I can avoid it :)

Thanks Once again

to pretty much quote the 12th man...

but you will miss out on cruising the mountainous seas of Bass Straight. The joys of kicking back in the car and listening to the cassette tape provided

the boat rolls and heaves, uuuupppppp annnnd doooowwwnnnn.
rocking and rocking upppppp and doowwwnnnnnn.
side to side..... up and down rolling around...
Fu Manchu
Amber27
Hi There

I am wanting to have my car Transported from my home in Melbourne to Tasmania (Door to Door) I will be staying in Tasmania for a few months so I need my car to be there..Before anyone mentions The Spirit Of Tasmania I would rather not go on it if I can avoid it :)

Thanks Once again

to pretty much quote the 12th man...

but you will miss out on cruising the mountainous seas of Bass Straight. The joys of kicking back in the car and listening to the cassette tape provided

the boat rolls and heaves, uuuupppppp annnnd doooowwwnnnn.
rocking and rocking upppppp and doowwwnnnnnn.
side to side..... up and down rolling around...

Groan .. feeling sea sick.

Anyway you cant sit in your car when the spirit is sailing, not allowed anywhere near it
Related
8/12/2023
Narrow block design with 2 car space

General Discussion

dimensions on your original plan are inconsistent and with accurate dimensions (including site plan, upstairs and down) i could make a proper scale drawing with furniture…

16/12/2023
solar car port in sydney

General Discussion

I looked into it a few years ago and my conclusion was to just build a carport that will support panels and get a system installed separately. The company I looked at had…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum