Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Colours

Page 1 of 1
Hello!

Does anyone know what colour this render and roof is? Cheers

Roof possible surfmist. Render....Sandbank ?
I don't think it's surfmist, isn't surfmist white? I think that's just glare.. the slight overhang piece looks blueish? Maybe ironstone? I'm going by the gutter colour.. Or basalt.. but basalt is more grey..
Just looking at the gutters, it feels like ironstone to me, with a slight blue tinge. But without a known colour to calibrate against, it could equally be basalt (lighter grey) or woodland grey (brown tinge).

I really don't think you can tell the colour of the roof fromthe photo, as there's too much reflection. It may be the same colour as the gutters, although it seems a bit light in the shadow under the eaves for that.

At a guess, the side gate might be classic cream. If I calibrate the brightness and saturation to match that to classic cream, then the gutters become a good match for Basalt, and the closest match I get in Dulux for the render is Jodhpurs (P14F1 on the dulux colour atlas).

Otherwise, if the render is sandbank (darker), then the gutters could well be ironstone.
I am going to guess ironstone with a paperbark gate! When we were in the planning stage for our build i just knocked on peoples doors and asked!! The owners were all more than happy to help and were probably quietly chuffed to have admirers!
Gutters and roof look far to different. The roof is too light for ironstone.
Agreed. Ironstone is way darker. But I don't know another colorbond colour that is that sort of ..light blue grey.. it might just be reflection I'm seeing though. So hard to tell.
I've learnt it's really hard to tell from a photo, many times I've thought a roof was a particular colour and asked and it was something else but in the pic looks much darker/lighter I'd say if you can ask the owner or otherwise maybe ask your builder for the addresses of some they have done similar that you can go drive past and look at
Related
3/06/2023
Tender and Roof Colours

General Discussion

Hey. Head to a metal and decide on which profile you will use first. Profiles with larger corrugations can greatly change the appearance of the color in different…

2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum