Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Acrylic Render Patching

Page 1 of 1
Wanted to get advice from anyone regarding patching up Acrylic render.
New build and 3 months in there are about 5 places where the render was bubbled and fallen off.
Now the company wants to repair it by patching it up the areas.
My concern is that the areas will not blend in.

Has anyone had Acrylic render patched up and what were the outcomes of it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Was your colour added to the render or painted after? If it is the latter and they do a good job of the patch then they may have to paint the whole wall or at least feather it out so it blends the new with the old.

Stewie
It was a textured finish and not painted on.
That's why I am worried.
Only been done 3 months ago
IT is hard to patch and blend.Best chance and outcome is it is done by the same hand/person
that did it in the first place.
Agree with Old Chippy, best thing would be to get the same person to the patch work, Ive had mine patched up, you can tell the difference, the patch work was done 8 months after the 1st render….

But in saying that some people might be better then others…..
Same people will be fixing it up as it still under warranty.
I think I need to start pushing for the whole wall to be rendered as that way will not show.
Best Idea… and honestly it shouldn't cost the builder that much extra….
Related
2/02/2024
Patching Holes in EPS foam walls

Renovation + Home Improvement

Oh no! I would use a can of expandable foam ( there are some that will take render) then cut it back and render over the top

8/05/2023
Acrylic render: Dulux or ROCKCOTE

General Discussion

Hi Alex, Thanks for the reply again. I had a chat with the builder, he said he will use primer, then hydrotec which comes with colour and sealer as well. A Renderer I…

12/11/2023
Suggestions for acrylic render Color

General Discussion

Suggestions please for acrylic rendering Color to match austral brick urban one pepper. Pic for reference. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum