Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Wood floors help

Page 1 of 1
So I would like to put recycled timber floors in my house that is being renovated. There was originally tiles that we had pulled up then we had the floors stripped. My problem is that the bathrooms and laundry floors have already been done and I'm told that by the time we put 18mm underlay then floor boards which are 19mm that the floor height will be 37mm which is 27mm higher than our tiled areas. Anyone have any ideas on how to get around the height difference?

Anybody?

That's a massive difference. You may need to chose a different option. Having everything you're currently used to 27mm lower will be very noticeable.
What is the existing floor of the house - concrete slab or bearers and joists with sheet flooring over the top ?

Stewie
It's concrete

Direct stick with glue onto the concrete slab may be your only option and will work out as a 10mm difference or thereabouts. That will depend on how level and straight your existing slab is too.
Did you do the laundry and bathrooms reno or was that from the previous owners ?

Stewie
We did the bathroom and laundry but were originally going to put vinyl plank flooring down. I decided I wanted to do recycled timber instead except now I have the height difference problem.

What can I say. Every choice you make in building usually has cause and effect as you are finding out. Changing your mind after making an initial decision has consequences -in this case a difference in floor heights.

Stewie
Related
26/03/2024
Help! Why are my hybrid floors coming loose?

General Discussion

A Sabco spin mop, minimal moisture, not very regularly. I was told these hybrids are water resistant 🤷‍♀️

7/06/2023
Radiant or Convection Wood Fire

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

We are tossing up between a Jarrahdale radiant wood fire (the Pioneer) and a convection wood fire (Innovator or Countryman) but cannot decide on which type of wood fire is…

16/11/2023
Plaster meets wood - how to fill

Building A New House

yeah i couldnt picture it issue either, but i could clearly picture what they were doing wrong haha

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum