Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Water close to foundations

Page 1 of 1
x
So what precautions did you take with landscaping (if any) when your house was completed, to keep water away from the footings? eg, stormwater disposal, sloping pathways,agridrains sumps,etc,etc
x
Some photos would help
x
That picture is your storm water pipe and one other. No spoon or agricultural drain as far as I can see. The trench for such pipes is too close to the slab edge and has created an area that surface water drains to and collects. Not a good situation as this will allow soils under slab to absorb excessive moisture which in turn can cause foundation issues. That is my opinion from my reading.
From your other post photos it appears you are Slab on piers do you have the structural drawings? Why dont you contact the engineer who certified your footings
Hi Sukarabikun,

Those are not spoon drains, they are stormwater pipes. Why did you dig the holes? You need to be very careful digging next to your foundations. You shouldn't dig within a forty-five degree angle of your foundations. See picture here:

http://activerain.trulia.com/blogsview/ ... ation-work

The water may be ponding because you have dug holes and created a low spot for the water to seep to.
It seems that pipe trenches are too close to slab edge (what do your plans show?) and because pipe trenches do not slope properly in the direction of flow it has created underground water table (reservoir)
You need to be proactive on this because you have a recipe for foundation damage.
x
x
x
I think you need to put your landscaping on hold until drainage issues are resolved.
You will need expert help in dealing with the builder
Have you had your own inspector?, what state are you in?
Profile has him in Elderslie NSW 2570
x
building-expert, I see you're in Victoria, but would you know any expert in NSW who would be good for this kind of issue? I'd like to call today if possible.
Sukarabikun
No I didn't have my own inspector. If I have to build again I think I would change lots of things.
What kind of expertise? I was thinking about calling the certifier who did certify my house.
Yes, I'm in NSW Elderslie.
Now what kind of option do I have for drainage issue?
Thanks.

No one can give you answers without reviewing your documents and inspecting your site but getting back to the certifier is a good first step. See how far it takes you and let us know.
Related
20/08/2023
SureFoot foundations

General Discussion

our situation was a bit of a guinea pig in that structural work by the previous builder was defective and the house was almost completed, and our structural engineer…

2/05/2023
gas line re-purposed to water main?

Building A New House

thanks Simeon appreciate your input.

20/05/2023
Frame without roof for 2 months, mould and water pooling

Building A New House

This certainly doesn't look good. I would be engaging with an independent inspector to have a look at this. As for the unscheduled site visits, most builders are quite…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum