Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Connecting Phone Cables

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We are building on a battle-ax property. We have to bring the phone cables from the street level, approximately 70 metres down alongside the driveway to where the house will be built.

The trench has been dug and the electricians have laid down the comms provision so that when we are ready to connect, Telstra can run their cables through. The provision is 25mm wide. They are also providing an NBN provision.

However, Telstra have advised that we need a lead in pit installed at the 50m mark because their rods are no longer than 50m. When i called back to clarify they then said that a pit cannot be installed on private property and that a direct buried cable might have to be the option, which may not fit in the provision provided by the electrician (meaning re-trenching at the time of installation, which we would like to avoid). Effectively these responses were from two different people so I'm not sure which one to go with.

While i research it further, has anyone had to run phone cabling over a distance greater than 50 metres for a private property (house) and if so what was the process?

Who connected it? Could you use a lead in pit, and did the electrician provide a lead in pit or was it a Telstra contractor?

Thank you in advance!
I know it was a lot of trouble to get the line 20 metres ...

But - the fibre optic is worth it.

Re land lines - many people just don't have them any more.
Related
22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum