Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Primeline Weatherboards

Page 1 of 1
Well this is new for me, I normally answer questions.

I have just finished the framing stage of a 8x5m pergola out the back of my place. It has an angled metal deck roof with a level gyprock(or similar) ceiling below. I am going to clad the two sides of the pergola with James Hardie Primeline weather boards as we already have them on the front of out house.

My question, can you use a plastic corner bead and set up to it with the prime line boards??

I will be running FC sheeting on the inside and bottom of my 250x90 side beams and the Primeline will then run up the outside to the roof. I would like to set the two bottom corners.
Quote:
My question, can you use a plastic corner bead and set up to it with the prime line boards??

Yes you can but it tends to look a bit DIY or cheapish in my opinion.
A client of mine just built a granny flat at the rear of his property and used this as the wall cladding. The builder used the Hardies external corner mould but the owner wants a more cottage look so they are going to use two 50mm timber battens at 90ยบ to each other nailed on the corner after everything else is finished.
What was used on the existing external corners of your place? I'd use the same so it all matches.

Stewie
CEK. Use a scyon axent trim running vertically up the corner and then run your boards into this each way. Then run down the full length of the junction with a polyurethane sealant. I prefer the scyon trims as you don't have the maintenance issues you can have with timber trims and it all paints up the same.

Hardies have good installation instructions. If you take a look at their website you should find some under the product details.
Related
You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum