Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Carpet

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I think I have made a mistake and don't know how to fix it. I have antique White USA walls and I was going to have charcoal carpet throughout. However, my charcoal sofa and chairs in the sitting room just blend into the samples. The charcoal carpet looks good everywhere else. Should I just go charcoal and get a feature rug to go in center of sitting room or go light coloured carpet everywhere. I'm nervous about light coloured carpet with my grand children.
Rug might be the go.

Not sure of age of children - but surely they can be controlled ? Our kids were taught what can and can't be done inside.
Go the lighter carpet if it looks better. For the sake of $120 yr get it steam cleaned and deodorised. Will keep it smelling fresh and looking good.

Besides depends what sort of carpet.. Get nylon solution dyed. I think most have like a 15 yr stain resistant warranty, some even come with a pet warranty.

I think it's a common myth that dark carpets are easier to keep clean/stain free. I have two little ones and the darker the carpet the more crud shows up on it. It's usually food and sticks out like a sore thumb on dark carpet! So my vote is definitely go lighter.
Accidents happen - carpet or not. But teaching kids to do the right thing can save a lot of problems.

I'd just pick the carpet you like and have it treated. Like a new car - you'll be ever watchful for that first mark or stain ...
Related
16/05/2023
Best carpet deals in perth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have you tried Parry's or Carpet Court?

17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

2/08/2023
Ramping Carpet Up To Bathroom Level

General Discussion

they can, it's a fairly standard solution when the slab isn't recessed. the falls need to be in the main floor, if it hasn't been done then you need to ask them to redo…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum