Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Help identify meter box enclosure solution from photo

Page 1 of 1
Hi, building a new house and would like to bring all meters (electricity, gas and water) to the front gate area hidden in a neat enclosure.

Seen some houses with this done nice and simple - like on the photo linked below. But have no idea where to source such enclosures from and what these are called etc.

I need to draw a fencing/gate plan up for council approval and align with the builder to place the meters in the right spot during the construction of the house.

Would appreciate ideas from people that know this space. Thanks.

I know you can buy standard metal boxes of all sizes from electrical wholesalers etc but that looks like a custom built on site enclosure.
A carpenter working from a half decent drawing is probably your best bet.
I'd also check with the relevant water, gas and electric utility providers as to what they require regarding separation and protection of the meters etc.

Stewie
Why do you want them in an enclosure? aesthetics? I think this will give you problems. The utility providers will likely have rules on easy access. Better to design a neat shrubbery to hide these items if they offend your senses.
I think you'd have issues with the authorities on having water and gas inside with electrickery.

I reckon one big cabinet that would allow you to put them all in together is going to be extremely pricey, where suitable hedging trees would look a whole lot better. Lily Pilly is good for that.
Related
21/02/2024
Meter box placed in Facade

Building A New House

Excellent contribution.

12/11/2023
Performance Based Solution

Building A New House

Hi We are building in the Hunter Valley, our soil test is H1, our builder has advised us they need to have a letter signed for Fair Trading as the new drainage standard…

5/12/2023
Hi, I'm looking for a structural solution to stand alone pic

General Discussion

Sorry! I'm new to this forum and have made a mistake in my posting! I'm looking for a structural solution to a stand alone wooden pickets fence with no structural rail…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum