Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Anyone used Colorbond Surfmist for roof choice?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has used the colorbond surfmist for there roof choice and be kind enough to show pics of how it looks? Trying to decide on our front render/roof color combination and the surfmist is one we're looking at. Thanks :

Here's our idea for exterior colors

Wallaby for Garage Door
Surfmist for Roof
Silverado for front render
I have used surfmist roofs on two buildings. I chose this colour because it has the best thermal performance of all metal roofing.

The house I am presently building has surfmist roof, with contrasting Colorbond Ironstone window & door frames, fascias, gutters & barge boards.

The weatherboard walls are painted a light mauve colour. The mauve colour is only noticeable at close quarters. From a distance the mauve appears off-white.

The front door is painted a bright rhubarb which makes a nice contrast and focuses your attention on the front door (and draws you to the front door).

I don't know how to attach photos
Give me a month or two, and I can show you pictures of what my surfmist roof will look like.

I'm going all surfmist for the gutters and fascia too, and the bricks will be Boral Winter Gold double height.
Here's our surfmist roof:

Your colours look good to me.
Real happy with our surfmist roof, looks stunning.
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u403/xxkat86xx/20131015_183459_zpsyhuhpegh.jpg

Roof: surfmist
Gutters: dune
Fascia: surf mist
Light render: solver beaver
Dark render: solver Shiralee
Garage door: surfmist

Would definitely pick surfmist again!
Oh, and I forgot to mention there's a new white colour from the Colourbond Coolmax range, which I think is called whitehaven ... to me it looks something like the old Colourbond Thredbo White.
I like the color with your houses they look really nice. I would have liked to have a feature render like yours xxkatxx but sticking to a budget so we're offsetting the front render with the darker colored garage hopefully this works well. We get our prestart pack in the next couple of days
Hi newbuild14 - what did you go with? Any photos! Love your colour scheme that you had - did you go with it?
Related
24/02/2024
Surfmist tiled roof - unsure about gutter colour

General Discussion

Thank you so much. We ended going with the terrain that’s part of our brick.

17/08/2023
26 year old Colorbond roof. Repaint or replace?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your house roof does not show rusting other than some surface rust on the flashings. In my opinion you dont need to replace or paint the roof other than treat surface rust…

9/04/2024
Colorbond roof can you extend its life?

General Discussion

You should pressure clean your roof first and make sure the paint you buy also is anti mould.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum