Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Can I mount a TV on a wall with a pocket door?

Page 1 of 1
Hi there

I've just moved into a new house, and I'd really love to mount my TV on a particular wall. However, this wall is only 2.4m long and has a pocket door. Could this wall be strong enough to support a (40") TV? If so, are there any precautions I should take in doing this?
If mounting the TV on the wall isn't a good idea, is there any other way to put the TV in the same spot without using a table/entertainment unit? For example, is there such thing as a bracket to hang TV against the wall with the ceiling taking the load...? (Yes, I'm clutching at straws - I have my heart set on this layout and the silly pocket door is making it very difficult!).
I'm open to any suggestions!
Thank you!
Kate
It should be fine.

40inch TVs are very light these days. Much lighter than say porcelain tiles which are just gluded onto plasterboard.

I'll mount a large piece of MDF and screw lots of short screws into the studs to even out the load and then screw the bracket to the MDF with lots of short screws

Just don't use long screws or bolts.

FYI it's called an internal cavity slider.

I started writing a long winded post as to how you could do this and what to check before hand and what could go wrong. Then I deleted it all and will make the answer simple.
NO
CSD (cavity sliding doors) in the majority of cases, and i've seen lots, have enough issues without introducing another potential problem.
Related
14/06/2023
What anchor/screw to use to mount to villaboard>airgap>brick

Bathrooms and Laundry

If what you describe is correct then the brick wall has been dry lined with villa board. That basically means that the villa board is glued to the brick wall with…

26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum