Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

ply bracing -forever boards

Page 1 of 1
Hello,
Has anyone experience installing forever boards , are they a good light weight cladding with the foam backing / insulation , how do theyweather over time? any cracking or warping?

Also do forever boards require structural ply installed behind them?
any help much appreciated

ty

wobbly1
Over the years I've seen quite a few types of vinyl cladding and associated weatherboard looking products come on the market. Some of them are far better than others but there is not many of them that I like the look of. They always seem to look cheap - kind of like painted brickwork rather than full render and paint. I also hate how the installers finish around windows and doorways with a crappy trim.
I don't know why they are called forever boards - it should be five year boards because thats how long it takes before it starts to look crappy(ier).
None of the boards I've seen should need any ply behind them if they are going onto a standard external stud wall.

Stewie
Related
30/09/2023
Temporary bracing for partition wall

General Discussion

Hi all, Not sure if this is a good place for this question but I guess we'll find out! I'm a novice, building a modular room inside my garage/shed and need to create…

21/02/2024
Oil under boards before laying

General Discussion

I'm about to put down some Merbau. Is it necessary to oil underneath the boards before laying?

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum