Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Termite protection for new build

Page 2 of 2
Your slab is termite barrier provided it is monolithic and pipe collars are good enough as part "A" of your termite protection system. Part"B" is your perimeter protection and that should be enough but you can always choose to do more than the minimum if you like.
Remember your system is certified on completion
building-expert
Your slab is termite barrier provided it is monolithic and pipe collars are good enough as part "A" of your termite protection system. Part"B" is your perimeter protection and that should be enough but you can always choose to do more than the minimum if you like.
Remember your system is certified on completion

Hi buildingexpert
Do you see the need for H2 treated timber fully throughout the timber roofframe of a brick build? In WA seems that H2 treated timber doesn't have to be used on all pieces and I'm unsure if need to upgrade or not. I'm from NZ and there it's a no brainier but mainly to protect against damp. Not the same issue in sunny WA! A friend said that if you have white ant/termite issues at plate height you have a bigger problem anyway so isnt upgrading to all fully treated roof framing....

Thanks
I don't see the need for anything other than compliance with AS3660
So am I correct in saying that termimesh is generally about $2k (I'm sure it varies depending on house size etc). Sorry to hijack thread but I've been contemplating asking for it and if it is that cheap then may well go ahead.
Related
21/06/2023
Termite Protection

General Discussion

Yes, neither is termite damage that is not covered by your house insurance.

19/02/2024
Termite and pest control

General Discussion

Fantastic. Good to know. Thank you very much

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum