Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Where to escalate building complaints to?

Page 1 of 1
House was handed over approx 1.5 years ago now, however a certain large building company is refusing to fix a vent on the heating exhaust vent.

It wasn't BAL 29 compliant, they modified it, heating company says WTF, Henley blames us for touching it (never did - house is under warranty, why would we mess with it? ) and now we are at a stalemate. I'm concerned about the warranty of the heating system too.

Also have an issue with the solar hot water system pouring boiling hot water out on the grass on a regular basis in summer - apparently the builder should have installed a drain.
Try consumer affairs or equivalent
Only as we are in the thick of it... I agree call Fair Trading and lodge a complaint, it costs nothing you can download the form and away you go...there are different time frames for non structural v's structural so do it ASAP as I was surprise how little time some things have

Include all relevant correspondence/ request to fix / quotes to fix / building report etc. Please don't let them get away with it because you think making a complaint is too hard - it's time consuming getting it together properly but after that it's easy.
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum