Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Exterior colour scheme help please!!!

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We are currently designing our weatherboard split level home. House to be on top with garage underneath. Full wrap around verandahs and gable roof.
Definately wanting a grey and white colour scheme.. but needing some advice.

Looking at Woodland Grey Colourbond roof
Wanting just a plain white for windows and ballustrading
Looking for a weatherboard colour to go with the woodland grey, same tones etc
Dulux: Flooded gum, silkwort, possibly stepney? (dont want any greys that throws blues, purples etc YUK!!)

Wanting a contrast between the white and grey but not too dark at the same time.

Surfmist as another colour is definately an option

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Amy
Do you have an image the facade you can show?
No not at the moment... its still being drawn up. Just interested more about what grey would look good with the woodland grey??
amy_2606
No not at the moment... its still being drawn up. Just interested more about what grey would look good with the woodland grey??

All grey's go together. Just depends if you want a neutral grey, warm grey or cool grey tone. And then what strength to either blend or create contrast.
Ok... would it help if I said the house is for a bush block on 4 acres? Im not very familiar
With warm and cool greys etc.. but I do like the tone of Dulux flooded gum?
Definately not wanting anything that throws blue or purple type tones.
What type of grey is woodland grey? The house colour would need to compliment the
Roof colour, wouldnt it?
amy_2606
Ok... would it help if I said the house is for a bush block on 4 acres? Im not very familiar
With warm and cool greys etc.. but I do like the tone of Dulux flooded gum?
Definately not wanting anything that throws blue or purple type tones.
What type of grey is woodland grey? The house colour would need to compliment the
Roof colour, wouldnt it?

Some greys have a very slight red or yellowy tone, and we call that a warm grey. eg. Dune.
Other greys have a blue tone, again very subtle sometimes and they are called a cool grey. eg. Windspray.
Greys that don't have either are neutral.

Some people call Woodland Grey a green grey so technically that would be a cool grey. But I find it fairly neutral.
Flooded gum could possibly be a warm grey but have not seen a live sample of it so can't be certain.

All the colours need to work together. It's not just the combination but the amount of colour you use which affects the overall balance of the facade. For a bush setting, I would stick with warm greys and other natural earthy colours.

Hope that helps.
Related
12/02/2024
colour scheme

General Discussion

I'm renovating - building a small extension at the back of the late Edwardian house. This is the first stage. Second stage of the renovation will be to replace roof on…

8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum