So, this probably a stupid question, but can you sell your custom designed house plans to the big builders?
I've looked at pretty much every floor plan offered by project builders, none seem to have the whole package in what I'm looking for, plus a lot seem to have a lot of "wasted" space.
So we are designing our own home but I wanted to know if a big builder would buy the design so it can be shared w others looking for the same features but without the cost of a custom build.
This is what we are having,
- double linen closet in the hallway
- coat closet near front door
- bigger then standard garage 7x 8m (we have a Cx9 so need the space) includes built in storage
- kids bedrooms min 3.3x3.3m
- roomy laundry
- lots of kitchen cupboards (I find that the galley kitchens most homes have don't give enough storage)
- butlers pantry
- theatre room
- all bedrooms off the one hallway
Anyway it was just a thought...