Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

What to do what to do?!!

Page 2 of 2
So we might be looking at doing a little of this and a little of that. Front fence would be nice though (thanks for the votes).

We are thinking corrugated. See below of the type we are looking at. What do you guys recon?

Little bump, thanks for the votes over the weekend. Looks like heating/cooling and kitchen are leading the way.

Any thoughts on the fence guys/gals? Do you think it fits with the style of the house at all?
To me from a buyer point of view, your house is ok/good in terms of bath room, kitchen and other things. But if it does not have cooling or heating, that will turn me off for sure. So, I will put money on those things. Plus, reno 2 bath room or kitchen will most likely cost over 10k. But put in a evaporative cooling should be max $5k.
tomking.chen
To me from a buyer point of view, your house is ok/good in terms of bath room, kitchen and other things. But if it does not have cooling or heating, that will turn me off for sure. So, I will put money on those things. Plus, reno 2 bath room or kitchen will most likely cost over 10k. But put in a evaporative cooling should be max $5k.

Yeah, certainly seems that this and the kitchen seems to be clear cut favorites so far. Hmmmmm, my have to see how much heating/cooling could cost us.
After looking for an established home for more than 2 years we decided to built.

My first look was the kitchen - I would have ripped out every single one (apart from maybe 2).
Reasons? No drawers, no lazy susans or something similar in corner cabinets, sinks in 95 % for left-handed people, no integrated dishwashers, no integrated stoves (I don't like the freestanding ones) und simply a layout that didn't suit my workflow (I like to work in between sink and stove and don't like it when the sink is opposite the stove because I always have to carry stuff around). Oh... and I don't like glossy cabinets...

Kitchen is a very personal thing...

Second look was the bathroom... essential for me - flickmixers and wall-faced toilet (closed) and shaving cabinets...

New carpets? Sorry... we have to rip them out because of me severe dustmite allergy...

We would have prefered the house "as is" and renovated ourselves...

Even wall colours are a very personal decision...

So I wouldn't do anything... clean like hell and spruce it up with decoration...

And this fence would put me off... completely... sorry for being so blunt...
Just a friendly bump back to the top for some more feedback.

Just awaiting a final price on the fence we are looking into as the first couple were very expensive and have not followed me up!! Which amazes me, obviously have to much work as it is.

For those that have mentioned putting the extra money on our mortgage thank you for that. At this stage both my wife and I really want to put a personal touch on the house that says this is ours. May be next time the mortgage will get that personal touch

PS: Kitchen is out in front at this stage and looking like a winner
One last bump to the top for the weekend before the poll runs out.

Would love to hear more advise and get some more votes. Thanks
Interesting results so far. I like the others but the kitchen is certainly something people do look at !
if you do not hate cooking, Kitchen - definately. An attractive kitchen increase the value of your house. You may spend some time in the kitchen so invest on it worth the money.
Spend now you enjoy the results. Spend later the next owner enjoys.
Thank you to everyone for your input. We a mate looking at doing our fence it seems we may still have a little in the kitty to look at the kitchen as well. Exciting times.
Related
You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum