May 05, 2013 9:18 pm
Just got a bad news today after dropping by to the land sales office this afternoon and the sales agent informed us that our land settlement wont be happening until october, supposed to be title is coming out in june. That would be a very long wait! We are scheduled to have our contract signing on the 24th of this month, what shall we do? Shall we cancel the contract appointment? Does anyone knows how much henley charges for construction delays? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Delayed land settlement2
May 05, 2013 9:48 pm
Sympathies - our land was delayed by 11 months and it was not fun. We built with Carlisle and had a buffer built into our contract. I'd suggest finding out how long the price is fixed for once you sign and then hold off.
Building the Ascot 35 with Carlisle Homes in Pasadena Estate, Clyde VIC
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=59776
Re: Delayed land settlement3
May 07, 2013 9:38 pm
Same. 14 month delay. id keep in close contact with the developer, when you are getting close THEN i would sign with the builder.
I almost got caught out, would have cost me $10,000+
Where is your land Jm14?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Re: Delayed land settlement4
May 08, 2013 6:36 pm
If you are planning doing an owner build then this is good news.
You can sign the contract and not pay anything until settlement. This will give you heaps of time to plan your build and make some good savings. I suggest delaying settlement to my clients. Anything more than 3 months is usually wasting time though.
If you are going through a builder it would be frustrating waiting.
Re: Delayed land settlement5
May 08, 2013 8:16 pm
I am in the same situation. My costs are fixed for 8 months and I was kinda glad to have more time to save for progress payments on the construction loan AND I thought it was a good opportunity to delay contract signing until after July so I would qualify for the increased first homebuyers grant (in VIC) BUT it wasn't to be... due to "deadlines" with land office, builder, finance payments I couldn't change anything. Hopefully you have more luck
Fixing Stage Complete-20/3/14
New Home Presentation-6/5/14
Moved in 17/5/14!
Re: Delayed land settlement6
May 08, 2013 9:48 pm
I spoke to my administrator this morning and she's happy to delay the contract signing and have it done close to land settlement date, hopefully that will save us from paying penalties. Keeping my fingers cross that land would be settled by october. Surfprado, our land is in arbourlea, cranbourne north just across berwick waters.
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
John. WoodMetricon tender appointment delayedMetricon tender appointment delayed
Similar to you. I signed survey with them 6 months ago. Now I am waiting to sign my color documents. I wish I knew this forum earlier so that I would not build my house…
Mirrmu83How long should Render last before cracks (not settlement)How long should Render last before cracks (not settlement)
Where is the cracking, is it everywhere (crazy cracking)? near windows/sills? at damp proof course? middle of a wall? I assume when you mention Rockcote it is a tinted…
Vinnie NairAtherstone land valuation " land undervalued"Atherstone land valuation " land undervalued"
Hi sorry for delayed response. Yes we asked for a contract reduction and the developer agreed to cover 50% of the short fall . We had to go with Westpac , also we did…