Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Water hammer

Page 1 of 1
We are due for our inspection on Monday morning, and while we haven't tried any internal taps as yet, we have noticed a very bad water hammer coming from our 3 external taps.

From turning it on until about mid way the knocking/banging is continuous and sounds really bad.

Am wondering if this would be classed as acceptable or would be considered some kind of fault that should be attempted to be rectified.

Hopefully same does not apply inside although I can't see why it wouldn't..

Any thoughts??
That'll probably disappear if you turned all the taps on inside to " bleed" the pipes of any air.

Stewie
Oh yeah, hadn't thought of that!!!!!

Thanks Stewie
ways to remedy
1=instal hammer arrestors on hot and cold washing machine taps as these will be the worst when washing machine and dishwasher solenoid slams on and off
2=all taps that are left open=washing machine=dishwasher=cistern=the washers need to be replaced with spring loaded types to absorb vibration
thanks jim roundbathcompany
Related
20/05/2023
Frame without roof for 2 months, mould and water pooling

Building A New House

This certainly doesn't look good. I would be engaging with an independent inspector to have a look at this. As for the unscheduled site visits, most builders are quite…

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

23/07/2023
Low head water tank

General Discussion

If you can calculate the reasonable charged head from let's say 100mm below the gutter to the top of where the vertical riser's horizontal discharge pipe will be, that…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum