Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Guessing Game - Building Costs - Win a $50 Bunnings voucher!

Page 6 of 7
Hi all,

Because I was away from work last week I have a lot of catching up to do, so I will post up the next guessing game on Thursday morning.

Regards,

Andrew
Grandlux, Michelle, and Ausdesign,

Thought we'd confirm the 'Guessing Game' promotional giveaway - $50 Bunnings Voucher - hosted by Zenith Constructions was signed off on this morning, and can therefore happily confirm that you should be receiving this either tomorrow or by Friday.

To all previous and prospective participants, stay tuned, as Zenith Constructions will be posting the 3rd installment of the 'Guessing Game' shortly.

homeone is committing to another '$50 Bunnings Voucher', so keep your guesses coming.

Over to you Zenith Constructions...
Okay guys and gals.

A little more simple one this time.

The photo is a glazed roof enclosure that we built for a client as part of a whole home renovation (for pics of the whole reno see the positive building experiences thread).

In the original 1970s home it was just open, because to enclose it would make the entry awfully dark. The problem was that for some reason moss would constantly grow on the ground at the entry, and as they were new grandparents, they were worried about kids (and themselves!) slipping on the moss.

As soon as we proposed it to Council, they said no, can't be done without wire in the glass (yuck!) due to bushfire regulations (the house is in a truly beautiful spot surrounded by bush). So, we set off on a journey of 'can't be dones' to do it! With help from Standards Australia, and more than a couple of Council meetings, we managed to get it approved. Believe it or not, in the event of a heavy tree falling on the house (the worry in a bushfire) the glass would hold nearly 3 times the weight the standard tile roof would!

So, because of the Council bushfire regs in this area, we had to use 9mm toughened glass. The frame is solid structural steel, powdercoated to match the rest of the windows in the house. It was all fabricated off site, and installed in two hours. Dimensions are approximately 8m x 4m and the roof is pitched at around 15 degrees. From the ridge of the glazed roof to the ground is approximately 5m.

So how much am I bid?

20,00 to start.
$48,000

Am I allowed to bid this game?
Adrian B
20,00 to start.

Is that $2,000 or $20,000?
Michelle
$48,000

Am I allowed to bid this game?

Lower!

I'll leave the decision up to homeone as to whether people can win twice within close proximity. I don't mind, but it might be nice to give some of the newer members a chance to get involved.
Michelle,

Each game is a new game.

All existing Forum Members, are eligible to compete, and re-compete.

Good luck.
Good idea!!!

If I throw a bid in it will be to keep things going.

I would not expect to win anything again; actually I’m happy with what I’ve received so far.
Just happy for a play!

Thank you homeone, but no prizes for me. I’ll leave that for others to get interested in the game.
Oppsy!!

$20,000, if it was $2k, you would be very busy!!!

Adrian B
Adrian B
Oppsy!!

$20,000, if it was $2k, you would be very busy!!!

Adrian B

Heh - for $2k you might be able to buy half the glass - there's a hint for ya

I like this one, I think I'm going to start poting photos of things that DON'T cost as much as people think, rather than those that cost heaps MORE than people think!

Lower!

And, gotta do some work - next update tomorrow morning
Homeone, feel free to step in whenever you like.
$6300 ?
here we go!
$5,000
3timesbuilda
$6300 ?

Higher.
$8400?
$9,600 javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing
$10 300 ?
3timesbuilda
$10 300 ?

Higher.
$13,500??
Can’t help myself …$12,000.
Related
18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

2/10/2023
Landscaping Options and Costs

Building A New House

Ha all, I am now about half way (maybe a bit more) through my build with Carlisle Homes - double-storey knockdown/rebuild project. So I am now doing my due diligence and…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum