Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Marriott Waters release --> Info / update center

Page 61 of 77
AJV
Not sure why you never received any correspondence?
However they did a reminder on the MW website under annoucement section regarding the Novmember meeting. Apparently they will meet at 4 monthly intervals. I guess we have to put our suggestions on the MW website and hope that they pick up on it.

Hi Anna...we actually did go to that meeting, but I feel like there seems to be nowhere to put these suggestions forwards to - is it meant to go to a PO Box, a website forum, a phone call ? And all the people who were chosen to look after the individual sections - how do we contact them ? It feels like it all started, but there's no puff in the engine, and I'm keen to get some of these things forwarded.

Will have a look at the website again, maybe some light might be shed
Glad you were notified of meeting. I was thinking that perhaps not everyone was getting messages about meetings.

I agree they have been quite. At least the minutes are on website, I guess it we have any questions we have to use the Website. I was just reading the mins and they plan on putting Notices and mins on web page. I notice they have lot no against peoples names, do you think we could leave questions we have in one of thier letterboxes.
Hey has anyone noticed how damn small the blocks of land are in the Shearwater Land Release, particularly on the Livida Circuit section near WPort Hwy, 221sqm - shoe box style living. Way too small!
Packed in like sardines.
Wow they're tiny!

http://www.marriottwaters.com.au/shearwater-release

The stage has some decent sized houses but those ones are small! the Tree reserve is bigger lol.
Maybe one of the builders plan to put some "affordable living" type townhouses / units on them?
hi huys

ive bought a block in stage 13 with PD. I went with standard roof tiles and when i was bout to sign the contract they had upgraded tiles $1800 as it was a developer requirement, anyone else building in Stage 13 with PD come across this? I have not signed the contract due to this as i told them i want standard roof tiles not an upgrade. So far i've noticed PD customer service shocking and i havent even started the build yet!

Thaks
Sam
Hi there Sam,

I spoke to Oliver Hume today about Stage 13 and there are VERY strict controls as to how the houses are built because the area is going to be medium density housing. All the houses have to be built in a certain way which is probably why you were charged extra for an upgrade. PD should have let you know though. I have heard that PD are quite good as builders, but have no direct experience with them. Perhaps check with them to find out what the issue is, but I know that there are much stricter controls with that area than the rest of MW.

Good luck with it all, Sarah
Is the stage 13 referring to the shoebox style blocks where the farm windmill and shed used to be?
savewater2010
Is the stage 13 referring to the shoebox style blocks where the farm windmill and shed used to be?

That's correct. There are 106 lots in stage 13 area.

http://marriottwaters.com.au/shearwater-release

Does anyone know what the future development is going to be on the Cnr of Lyndhurst Blv & Thompsons Road?
You mean opposite the Marriotts Estate? Well near there are lots that are listed with markers saying which house build company behind the temporary fencing as its a construction zone, Winslow actually.
Hello,
I am new to the forum having just paid a deposit yesterday on H&L package. I have been reading through the threads and have some concerns over the internet issues people seem to be having - is Telstra really the only option? We are with IINet and love them so would want to relocate with them.
I would also love to hear from anyone that commutes to Melbourne CBD on the train every day. Is it possible to walk to the station from the estate and how is the commute? I will be driving every day to Hawthorn but hubby would be training and tramming it to St Kilda Road. Starting to have a few doubts......
Thanks All
Ports are very limited in the estate for ADSL, im stuck with 3 Internet "Bangalore" special 3g wireless internets. Pathetic cos the infrastructure isn't there , the whole mobile phone network towers are overloaded and at times the internet is slower than dial up!
I'm just coming in for a whinge... We are still stuck on ADSL, can't get ADSL2 because there aren't enough ports. We are with iprimus and apparently it's first in best dressed, despite the fact that we have lived here for almost 2 years and been an iprimus customer continuously since 1999

Also not happy with the rat-run that is happening through the estate. Saw the same thing up at Lynbrook which is why we bought a block in a circuit this time, but I nearly always get taken out at the roundabout because cars zoom down and don't want to stop to give way to me. I have lost count of how many times I have given hoons and tradies the bird of late

And finally, Shearwater Release... well what can I say to that? That area has gone from initially being our proposed residents club and community space, to high density shoe box style housing. Shame on you Villawood
Hi Hels,

Roundabouts:

Just about everytime we go through one we have to stop in the middle to let a speeding driver through, then they wave and say sorry. WhAt is surprising is that it happens any time of day not just early morning and evening.

In the local paper last week Vic roads said they are looking at putting more speed restrictors in the estate. The roundabouts are so close together I don't know what they can possibly do to slow people down. We always do the speed limit in the estate and enjoy the look of frustration on faces of the speeders.
We have noticed that residents also speed through the estate. Hopefully they Find and act on a solution quickly.

SHEARWATER

I thought that area was always zoned by council residential, that was why villawood was told they had built the residential club where the commercial zone is. Maybe villawood thought they could get it re-zoned. Who knows.
I notice at Boland Drive and Evans Road they've been doing some modifciations to the lane markings (ie blackening some of the thicker stop lines on both roads). It looks like they're preparing for something. There's a big grader/piece of equipment there right now so it's either (a) Evans Road being prepared for works, (b) traffic lights.

I've written to and got replies from both Tim Holding and Casey Council re the traffic, so maybe it's kicked someone awake about it all.

We do the speed limit too, especially when turning into the driveway - and it frustrates people - hey, it frustrates us.
Let's just say that $2 earplugs are doing the world of difference in sleeping in the mornings.

If they put speed humps in Boland, I'm not going to complain - maybe it'll stop all the lowered Commodores and Lancers going over them.
There is a speed hump out front next door, people just speed over them you can hear the bottom of the cars scrape.
What about all the ppl that don't even live in the estate that just merely use it for a shortcut to get to work and flat chat it through there?
This causes it to get ridiculously busy in the mornings !

Modifications to the lines at Boland and Evans intersection? Oh I had not noticed, good spotting of that !

They seem to be taking a long time to get the shopping centre construction underway too.

I guess we can be thankful that we live in a good estate. The nearby estate in Lynbrook with new houses nearing completion, the people having to put up with the feral household rubbish / personal belongings / drug making paraphernalia being dumped there on a regular basis.
Not to mention the graffiti on the fence. Shocking, the council have been informed many times regarding this. Sorry to get off topic but I felt it would be worthwhile to mention this...

Oh and at night the 3G wireless speed is pathetic, hurry up and get some proper infrastructure in as cant get ADSL as there are no spare ports still!
I guess they have to do the drainage first for the whole complex before they start building. That would be a big job.
savewater2010
What about all the ppl that don't even live in the estate that just merely use it for a shortcut to get to work and flat chat it through there?
This causes it to get ridiculously busy in the mornings !

^^ I notice this too and from 4pm in the evenings, the traffic sits at the roundabout where Evans Rd exits onto Thompson Rd and the queue of traffic is getting so bad that it goes all the way back down that section of Evans Rd some days! I don't drive through the estate after 4pm because of this, I go out of the main exit (where the traffic lights are) instead.

Re speeding - hubby always does the speed limit or slower if he has a car right up his backside. He has even been over-taken by an impatient driver who was cutting through the estate and then floored it down the road at 80+ k's
Did anyone see the car that crashed on the bridge in the estate? It happened this morning between 7.00-8.30.
That certainly slowed the traffic down from alysha ave and bluemist ave roundabout. Not sure what time the car was towed, it gone by 1.00.
Wonder how long it will take to repair the damage done to the bridge fence. Was anyone walking around the lake when it happened.

Anna
Oh my a car crash in the estate, damn will have to check that out sometime soon, not good!
People do tend to fly through the estate, many cars short cut it through there!
Which part of the bridge got damaged left or right side if heading towards the display homes, Thompson Rd direction?
Related
You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum