Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

New home dilema

Page 1 of 1
Folks.

Just completed a new home and it looks "externally" terrible. I really have no option but to now render the exterior walls. The Roof is DUNE and I would appreciate any suggestions which color "Granosite" I should use to render the exterior walls and which color should I paint the Guttering etc. The Colorbond chart suggests either Dulux "Tristan" or "Linseed" walls but do any of the braintrusts on the Forum have any good advice.

Thanks.
John
Would like to see a photo of your façade to help get it right for you.

Are you able to follow this link so you can post a photo?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1272
Please dont say it is the 'dune' roof that makes it look externally terrible!! We are just about to start building with a dune roof, gutter and facia!!! And our render is almost dune as well (it's Taubman's birchstone). I love dune, but some people I have spoken to say dune throws a salmon pink shade in some lights
Hey thanks for the quick replies.
"Homeone" give me a day or so and I will post some Pixs and many thanks.
"Belandchris" dont panic but yes the roof colour being not pronounced is really at the mercy of the light and really does need a distinct contrast wall colour
IMO, Dune looks great with Tinker.
Related
16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

19/08/2023
New home

Building A New House

Skjm You might want to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKx-bsOr2jg If that link doesn't work go to youtube and search for Zac Homes ACA I am really…

13/10/2023
Renovating new home - Asbestos question

Renovation + Home Improvement

What you are looking at is fibrous plaster, true gypsum, it is cast on horizontal beds with fibers included to give strength. I has no Asbestos in it. Houses before 1985…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum