Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Water leaking into Garage from neighbours garden

Page 1 of 1
Got home 2 nights ago and after the rain to find a pool of water in the middle of my garage. I had suspected it came through the garage wall adjacent to a neighbour's garden and last night, from the water flow, I can confirm that it is actually coming through the wall side. My house was just built less than 2 years. Is there anything I can do to seal off the leak and do I contact the neighbour or builder about it.

Any advice appreciated. Ta
I'd look at putting in drains on the external boundary as water seeping into the ground could compromise your foundations.
All new home builds now in victoria require this as a standard part of a new buidling.
If the neighbor's garden is raised higher up your brickwork you will have to speak with them and possibly look at water proofing your wall
It it the neighbours responsibility to ensure water from their land does not seep onto your land. They will have to put some form of drainage in or you will have a case for damages. It happened to me and I was quick to put in the drainage, didn't have a problem after that.
Related
11/01/2024
Leaking Hot water

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took the cover off and it looks…

5/04/2024
water seeping through from under slab into post hole

General Discussion

Thanks for your advice. So far i have not noticed any issues with doors and windows. Builder advised they will organise drainers to inspect 2 weeks ago but no further…

13/06/2023
Weep holes neighbours

General Discussion

it depends on the natural ground level, if they excavated their boundary wall needed to be built as a retaining wall. If you filled, which sounds like the case then you…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum