Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Fire Sprinkler Systems

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone installed a fire sprinkler system in their home? I'm looking for a system which meet Australian Standard 2118.5, and haven't really found much through Google.
I'm interested in information about companies who will design and install, and any comments people may have.
The system is a requirement of development conditions due to the time that would be taken to get fire services to the estate.
Hi Variegated

I've had a look at your build thread and think perhaps I met you at a BC meeting a few months back - there can't be too many strawbale houses with a loft going up in the area!

Wetme fire sprinklers have come highly recommended to me from others who have built in the area as having a superior product at a more competitive price than the other options around. They are a small local business. We are far from building but we found Wetme very good to deal with in the quotation process despite our builder's salesperson trying to (unprofessionally for the builder, and incorrectly) blame them for causing delays in our tender.

They don't have much of a website but if you google "Wetme fire sprinklers" it should come up and give you their phone number.

Cheers
Thanks Ribbon - and yes, we probably did meet at the BC meeting!
I'll look in Wetme Sprinklers.
Since I wrote the post, I'v found that Leap Australasia also makes sprinkler systems, so I'll be able to get a comparison.

Thanks again for your help.

Variegated
Related
7/06/2023
Radiant or Convection Wood Fire

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

We are tossing up between a Jarrahdale radiant wood fire (the Pioneer) and a convection wood fire (Innovator or Countryman) but cannot decide on which type of wood fire is…

2/08/2023
Fire seperation qall

General Discussion

Need some advice. Living in a townhouse with one common wall, recently we have discovered that the fire separation wall is incomplete and on further investigation, support…

13/08/2023
HOUSE FIRE

General Discussion

Not back peddling at all. You seem to have issues with comprehension my friend. Guy fcked up, he's considering being dishonest with his bank and hiding it. It will end…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum