Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Fowler Home

Page 1 of 1

Hi All
This is my first time in this forum and we are in the middle of choosing a house to build. We have narrowed it down to three builders/homes and would welcome any feedback.
1. Fowler Home (Monte Carlo 40)
2. Wisdom Home (Manhattan 36)
3. Eden Brae Home (Windsor 40)

Each has it's for's and against, but I am honestly finding it a really tough decision.

We have been out to both Oran Park and Kellyville ... and today went back for a second look at the Monte Carlo. Unfortunately, Fowler Homes do not have a Monte Carlo 40 to view which is a real bummer since this floor plan is exactly what we like (and is very different to the Monte Carlo 33 and 39).

We love the Wisdom Home Manhattan (but the one at Kellyville and definitely NOT the one at Oran Park which is dark and dated). This seems to be a little on the pricey side, but is definitely up there. The garage and rumpus room size is a bit of a problem though.

We also love the Eden Brae Windsor which is a take off the Waldorf, but unfortunately we have to cut down its width because our block is only 15m wide. Also, this is the most expensive of the three we have chosen.

Anyone shed a suggestion that will help us make a decision????

Also, Wisdom Homes are the only ones who have really given us a deadline of 30 June weekend to sign up otherwise we will be paying an additional $18,000 because of price increases (which would then put them out of contention).

HELP!!!!

Second Home Builder
Hello! Can you tell us in which area you're building? You may be able to get some personal recommendations on builders you haven't heard of yet. Good luck!
I would not go close to Eden Brae. They overcharge on anything you have to add that is not already priced. Think sotrmwater, think any upgrades not in thier promo package, think any additional requirement due to shape/slope of the block.....
Dont know about fowler.
Wisdom I found is pretty ok.
Hi gunny, we were thinking Eden Brae, put a deposit on a plot at bunya. you mentioned stormwater? our plot has a stormwater drain at the front of the plot. what did Eden Brae try to charge you for? we spoke to Wisdom and they said it wouldnt be a problem. i like wisdom from the small amount i have had to deal with them, but the Eden Brae floorplan (hawthorne 21) is much better for the price.
When we looked at wisdom, we refused to sign immediately, every few weeks the sales guy would contact me with a few bonus inclusions if we signed that week, we never did sign but they were offering heaps of special extras. Even though they say there will be a price increase they will also put a new bonus deal out, so it won't actually be a huge increase, there scrambling for customers and putting the hard sell on you, dont be pressured, wait until you are sure you have made the right decision
Hi All

Thanks heaps for your replies and advice.

We have taken on board what you have said, and Eden Brae are out of the equation now.

As for Wisdom, we are still not sure. We really like the Manhattan, but also like the Majestic.

We're hoping the decisions will come easier!!!!!

If we hold on past 30 June, the $18k is a big whack to take on board ... but as has been pointed out, we don't want to be pressured into anything either.

It does seem intriguing though that most of the other builders are either not sure when the prices will go up, or, they have already included any price increases already. However, most have said that they are not sure how much the carbon tax will impact on prices!!

We have tentatively made an appointment with Dominic (Wisdom Homes) for 30 June, so will give you an update how that all goes.

As for Fowler Homes, we really like the Monte Carlo 40, but cannot get to see one, which makes it really hard to buy something you can't see (the Monte Carlo 33 is on display at Oran Park, but the floor plan is quite different).

Trust everyone else is enjoying their decisions??!!

Sorry I didn't answer your question Jodge ..... we are going to build at Greenhills Beach near Cronulla
Hi Secondhomebuilder,
We are building with Wisdom at the moment.

Each builder has their up and down, happy and annoying sometimes, but up to this moment we still do not regret that we build with Wisdom.
I know they are not perfect but so as the other builders, but at least our communication is good and they are pretty quick to resolve problems.

It's all up to your feeling and instict. Do some more research and compare apple to apple, or at least if you can't, choose the best inclusions & floor plan that you want.

We have kikichan too here in homeone forum if you search, she's building with Fowler and at the same stage as me.
Good luck!
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum