Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Water in subfloor

Page 1 of 1
Hi, hoping for some assistance about water in the subfloor.

Our house is on a sloping block and from the front looks like a single story but there is a downstairs area at the rear so looks two storey from the rear.
Under the subfloor at the front of the house there is water coming in under the earth, this is about 3 metres down from the front level and earth level at its highest point. I dug some of the earth away as it was soggy and I can see water coming in steadily under the earth. It has been raining bit stopped for quite some time and downstairs generally smells of damp but I can see where the water is coming from as it is coming in faster than you would expect.

The is a fire hyrant out the from and drain on the opposite side of the street so I am wondering if there could be a leak in the drain or an underground water system, this thing has me perplexed as I beleive if it was coming from the front (down the edge of the house) then the water would at least be seen above earth level or at the least see the wet on the besser brick.

Any assistance would be appreciated as I can see this is going to cost a packet to fix let alone source the problem.

Cheers
Related
7/10/2023
Nailing masonite underlay to plywood subfloor

General Discussion

Jimbo73 I would use heaps of adhesive on each sheet and screw rather than nail. use as many as you like cheers Simeon

29/10/2023
Need Subfloor Advice for a new build!

Building A New House

XCEM Alpha flooring seems to relatively new and I could not found any reviews. Have you or someone you know have used it and would recommend over other subfloor options?…

7/04/2024
XCEM Alphafloor vs Hebel Power Floor Subfloor option

Building A New House

Would also like an opinion from anyone that has used xcem over hebel for floors. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum