Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Getting rid of excess bricks from builder over ordering

Page 1 of 1
Our bricking is complete on our new home but we still have 6 pallets of unused bricks sitting on our block!
What do I do with them?
Is there are a market out there if I were to sell them on and where would I advertise them?

Can someone please help me?
If you have decided you dont want a brick fence or use them elsewhere for paving, shed, etc, find out what they are worth from the manufacturer and either hang a FOR SALE sign on them or advertise.

A problem you could have will be the buyer wanting them delivered, so price them cheap to get rid of them.
Front fence, retaining walls, raised garden beds? I wuld keep them - sounds like a lot though!
BBQ!~

I had 2 spare bricks, I wish I had more.. end of that line, and I wanted to do a fence.
Keep some brings in case there is any damage to the house in the future (assuming you have face bricks). You should be able to sell them, if they're cheap enough.
If you were in Perth i would take it off your hands!
Search feature?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32915

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=28117&start=0
Thanks for the feedback everyone... still not really sure what to do though.

We don't require them for retaining as we already have sandstone retaining walls planned. We were thinking about a brick BBQ/Pizza oven but not really sure how to make it work to tie in with the alfresco.
List them on ebay as pickup only....

I wish I had that many pallets left - only had 2 left and had to move them all by hand to a secret hideout to avoid having them go missing.............
Related
27/11/2023
Site Cut & Footing Excess Soil Removal

General Discussion

PM me your email. I have a build excavation calculator you can use based on your plans to double check what your builder is telling you. Cheers Simeon

28/09/2023
If a Builder is taking deposits and not getting DBI how can

General Discussion

Thanks. I called VBA today and they said it was a Consumer Affairs issue, the old handball. Seems like the government organisations don't want to do their job at the moment.

19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum