Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Biometric Door Locks - Anyone Got Them?? Share Experience..

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I have been looking at some of the biometric locks that are now available. They range from around 220 upto about 700. The builder is supplying Gainsborough tri-locks for the front doors but I am keen to hear any one's experiences with the biometrics locks.

http://www.fingerprintlocks.com.au/

I am not affiliated with the above link its just to show what I am babbling on about.

Cheers
Mark
Mark I thought about biometrics too and while I still think the idea is good I wasn't 100% convinced they would work during blackouts etc. Maybe I read the same reviews as you which left some doubt, not to mention the extra cost.

I bought Trilocks on eBay and had all external doors keyed alike...sliding glass/stackers/etc.

Sorry not much help but will be interested in any further replies as well.
Yeah thats what I am also thinking..... I guess you never lose the keys. I think they do give some sort of low battery indicator but good point. There are some that allow key and Print and even numeric, but boy pretty expensive.

Hopefully someone can share their experience.

Ciao
mark
Sitting here trying to think of the other reason. What if you cut the finger previously scanned? You'd probably have to do two so you had a backup? LOL

Having family members scanned could be handy at times. Anyway I'm finding having a single key to enter any door is worth what that cost..never got around to it in my previous house and having a fistful of keys nearly drove me insane. Have always had 'keyed alike' in previous houses.
I've purchased the Samsung EzOn doorlocks.. They look great, haven't installed them yet.
Check out:

http://www.samsungdigitallife.com/

http://www.digitaldoorlocks.com.au/Prod ... Locks.html

Much more attractive (IMO) than the ones in the first post..
Plenty of youtube videos on them too.
Maz have you installed the EzOn door locks yet? Just wondering what you think of them now?

They sound great and I like the idea of using a chipped credit card to gain access.

Thanks
pretty soon, most smartphones will have NFCs that could unlock not just your your house doors, gates, etc. but also start your car, pay for your groceries, get you through train gantries and ski lifts. The possibilities are endless.
Related
23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

30/05/2023
share traditional gable roof facade with pillars having ston

Building A New House

traditional gable roof facade - Have you did the dark and light gray color combination in facade with gray stone in facade…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum