Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Material for garage ceiling

Page 1 of 1
We have a garage located under our house and at the moment it just has bare floor boards/wooden joists from the room above it serving as a ceiling. I wanted to attach some sheets (of something) the joists in order to form a proper ceiling. Any suggestions regarding the material to use?
Small flute corrogated iron looks cool.
if the floorboards are to a habitable room over it may be a good oppurtunity to add some insulation between the joists before you add the ceiling.

some 2400 x 1200 sheets of ply with a negative joint could be an interesting option.

good luck with your project
As there are lots of flamable materials and ignition sources in a garage I would be looking for some fire resistant material.

In the UK the standard where there is a room over a garage is 2 layers of gyproc with staggered joints.
eyspy
Small flute corrogated iron looks cool.

Cant get any more fire resistant than this stuff, looks very shed like to when left un painted.
Related
25/08/2023
Material theft from site

General Discussion

Different to what others have said but thanks for that insight.

15/12/2023
Suitable material for build up around slab

Building A New House

Not recommended! The image presented is for a sublevel area. The footings are down deep with a load bearing wall supporting the upper floor level. If you did that drain…

24/01/2024
Mark up on material by trades as an owner builder

Building A New House

Always get multiple quotes, no matter how reasonable/cheap you think it is. I remember getting a few quotes for a pool fence, roughly around the same price, thinking the…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum