Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Getting rid of shed/garage

Page 1 of 1
Hi folks
Pretty simple query (I suspect), but I'm generally clueless about all things practicle, so please hang with me...
We have a large shed/garage in our rear yard, approximately 8m x 7m, built on a concrete base. As it's (a) ugly, and (b) never had a car in it during the 7 years we've lived there, we're keen to get rid of it and create a large open area in our yard.

Question is - how do I go about getting rid of such a structure and clearing the concrete base?

Is there a demand for second hand sheds of this size? And is it possible to hire someone to bring a big drill and a skip and take the base apart and away?

Cheers for any assistance
There would be a demand for this kind of thing. They are very expensive to buy brand new.

I would maybe advertise it in the quokka (if you are from perth). And get them to remove it themselves.
Hey benjuk…..hello fellow Myspacer!!!!

Just checked out your profile…..this is mine.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =132829319
Hope you don’t mined, but I see you like to write, so I sent a friends request to you.

I would put an ad in your local classifieds; I know a lot of people of have done that and sold their sheds.

Good luck!
Someone will now doubt want the shed for nothing, just beware of the liabilities of them working - perhaps not in a safe manner - on your land.

re the slab -the local salvage guys are good at this stuff.
Steve
We had to pay a fortune to get rid of our shed and concrete base and certainly no one wanted to buy it .... I hope you have better luck.
Tin - sell it for scrap. You might make a hundred bucks. But you gotta cart it there.
Timber - Have a bonfire.

As for the concrete. Good luck, it will need a back hoe to rip it up....it's probably 100mm or so thick so you'll have no chance doing it yourself.

What about paving over it?
Related
12/03/2024
Brick garage/shed repair

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi all I've got a brick garage/shed at the back of my house. It's been hit at some point (before I owned it) and has a large crack running down through the bricks. I want…

7/05/2023
Rendering old corrugated shed

General Discussion

Is it possible to render an old corrugated iron shed.I have heard that it can be done if it is covered with chicken wire first.Not sure of the ratio of the render mix and…

15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum