Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

engineering approvals for sheds

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I was hoping someone may be able to help me out with some shed queries.I am looking at building my own shed for our new house as i am a boilermaker by trade which i am hoping will make it a bit cheaper option.I need to get engineering approval on my plans, does anyone have any tips on going about this.

Any imformation would be appreciated.
Honestly, by the time you pay for drafting and engineering, it will just be cheaper to buy a kit and erect it yourself.

Unless you are doing something special like installing a gantry crane. Plans and engineering will probably cost $2000+
Related
16/11/2023
Steel sheds. Worth going one with steel frame?

General Discussion

Hi I am wanting some opinions about the build of a steel shed I am going to get one about 4.5 x 2.5 m steel shed and the height will be about 2.3-2.4m high The one I am…

4/08/2023
Floor Joist direction given by Structural Engineering

Owner Builder Forum

Assuming you've modelled the TB8, TB10, TB12, TB2 & J1 joists/LVLs there, it appears as per drawing to me. There maybe should be an additional J1 between TB10 and T12 if…

14/08/2023
Concerns about strengh of Engineering Floor Joists

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks for all replies. I just noticed now the pictures I added to post right on top of page were wrong. I attached pictures showing "current" and my "suggested" floor…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum