Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Upgraded cornices not applicable to WIL & Robes?

Page 1 of 1
Hey all,

Background information is that we've selected 90mm Syndey cornices as an upgrade to the 75mm Tru Scotia cornices to the ground floor of our home.

Just went by our property today and noticed that the majority of the ground floor has Sydney cornices installed, but the walk in laundry & the robe to the master bedroom has 75mm Tru Scotia cornices installed. Something I should bring up with the SS? I'd imagine it wouldn't have been an accident......

For reference the contract reads "Provide 90mm (nom) Boral Sydney cornice to Ground Floor Only in lieu of standard."

Thanks all for your time
Yes I think you should query the SS and see what the reasoning is. It definitely doesn't seem to be an accident, because they would have had to order 2 types of cornices to do that so it's something they have done on purpose.

What is noted on the addenda you signed off on? The addenda legally trumps any quotations or plans, so if your addenda notes 90mm cornice to all of the ground floor then you can make them change it.
We upgraded our cornices and they put it everywhere.... Check your contract and if it's not in there, then raise it with your SS. If it is in your contract and you do really want the other cornices, ask if you can keep the leftover 90mm cornices as you might get away without needing to order more and it'll save you from paying for materials when it gets redone.
We upgraded to the same cornice, it looks very smart. We don't have it in our cupboards and W.I.R but you don't see it. Once the cupboard doors and shelfs are put in including in the WIR you can't see the cornice. Not sure about your laundry though if you will see it. They should have put it in there.
Related
2/07/2023
Ballpark figure to convert large WIL to small WC ?

Bathrooms and Laundry

consider putting in wall WC instead of robe in the same bedroom, then it might be doable to hook up to the existing piping.

7/05/2023
Builder not giving letter of commencement and practical comp

Building A New House

The HIA contract, in the term & conditions section states that "Commencment" is deemed when the drainage is started or the piers are dug or the slab is formed up (incase…

23/05/2023
Rainwater Tank not filling

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

But if it is a ground level open pit, then it is not a charged system. No surprises there. The pipes have obviously been altered and there would be a reason for this.…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum