Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

leaking roof

Page 1 of 1
hey is there anyone that could please help me out on this problem,i live in the north of brisbane on acreage my house has a leaking roof its a small leak in the lounge room i have tiles it happens when its a heavy downpour over a period of time. I have had tiles replaced, ridge capping replaced we have paid to get it fixed several times and it still leaks. I don't know anyone in the area and feel i am being ripped off and hesitant on getting someone else but it does need to be fixed properly , if anyone has some information for me that would be great

thanks
Hi

Some pics would be good. Location of leak in room - wide view and close-up. Exterior of house and roof.

Thanks
Ed
Have you got into the roof during a downpour and tried to trace it back to its origin?

Is it running along the framework, pipes or wiring to the point where the water damage is evident?

Have you been in the roof on a sunny day and sat in the roof looking for sunlight coming through?

Best of luck finding the leak/s, one method is to put a tarp over the ceiling in the roof space and listen for the drips onto the tarp to give you a starting point.

(one last thing-is the TV antenna sealed around where it enters the roof and down the middle of the pipe? I've been caught out on the unsealed pipe a couple of times...)
auskip
hey is there anyone that could please help me out on this problem,i live in the north of brisbane on acreage my house has a leaking roof its a small leak in the lounge room i have tiles it happens when its a heavy downpour over a period of time. I have had tiles replaced, ridge capping replaced we have paid to get it fixed several times and it still leaks. I don't know anyone in the area and feel i am being ripped off and hesitant on getting someone else but it does need to be fixed properly , if anyone has some information for me that would be great

thanks

you need to get someone you can trust who is agile enough to enter the roof while it rains and look at the leak and trace it, I think the people you have delt with in the past are not looking into it enough, it is not rocket science it just needs someone to do as I have said
Related
11/01/2024
Leaking Hot water

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took the cover off and it looks…

10/05/2023
Converting a Gable Roof

Renovation + Home Improvement

You could frame it out and put a skillion roof on it.

20/05/2023
Frame without roof for 2 months, mould and water pooling

Building A New House

This certainly doesn't look good. I would be engaging with an independent inspector to have a look at this. As for the unscheduled site visits, most builders are quite…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum