Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Help fixed price contracts plus pc and ps

Page 1 of 1
HI,
We just received a notice from the builders stating 'We have been advised by the engineers that an amendment is required to your plans... blah blah blah. Unfortunately, this has only just come to light as it was not noted on the original engineering and therefore needs to be charged for'
Can they do this.... We are up to the 8th drawing of these plans surely if it was an oversight on their behalf they should have to pay for it. We are in a fixed price contract + prov sums and Prime costs.
If anyone can give me a little insight to this I would be greatly appreciative
Thanks
Cara
It depends if the need for the change could have been reasonably forseen at the time of giving the fixed price.
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

26/03/2024
Variations on Fixed Price Contract

Building A New House

So AFAIk the outcomes of the BAL ratings form part of a clause that allows them to pass these costs on to you. However the more relevant detail is how did it go from 19…

6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum