Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Clover - Bentleigh East progress?

Page 4 of 8
RapidMovers :if any of you are interested in - schools the one behind our block is now basically zoned from 2012 ?? whats that mean ??? i could nt understand ..
Do you mean Valkstone Primary will soon have zoning, similarly to McKinnon Secondary? Will our homes be in the zone?
sorry too much shorthand!

The school which is behind clover - Valkstone Primary school - is now zoned as is McKinnon High.

Meaning you have to live in the area to attend that school. Previously anyone who wanted to could attend the school.

This may or may not add value to our land.
hope that made more sense.

Yes we are in the current zone for both schools.
Haa now it makes more sense. Thanks for explination .

Just saw this statement in THEAGE on 04/04/2011:

Buxton Bentleigh's Craig Williamson said properties in the McKinnon Secondary College zone were ''the next best thing to bulletproof in the market''.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/prope ... 1ct43.html
I know McKinnon Secondary has a fab reputation. Does anyone know how Valkstone Primary stacks up? Must be pretty reputable as well if they are introducing zoning.
Having a look at the myschool site, their stats look pretty good...
http://www.myschool.edu.au/
I got letter today . It's saying site work finishes in September . So I am thinking settlement will be October ? For cross over input they will send another letter.
my daughter at Valkstone and we are very happy there. Excellent results and smaller school - 3 classes per year - eg 3 x year 1 - (4 x prep as they have smaller classes.) aound half the size of mckinnon and tucker road.
That's good to hear. One of the primary reasons we bought into Clover was for the schooling in the area.
anyone else not get a letter yet?
RapidMovers .. so you got letter ?? today ?
Have not got my letter yet. waiting. so happy you were able to let me know earlier!
RapidMovers , i hope you will win bet with your Father-inlaw. by looking things , i wont think you will win ........I hope building constructions will start by end of oct or nov ?? as of today ..who knows abt delays ......>!
Received the letter yesterday. It is still subject to review and approval by the council so I'll say further delay is still possible. I'm just hoping construction will begin this year. Hopefully this will be the last round of council requirements. The letter was dated 31-Mar. Maybe they are approving it as we type .....
HI Every One ,

is any one spoke to any ? is there any updated information about settlement ?? any idea about how much time it will take after site works??

any one know exact process after site work completion ?? Looking forward to hear from you ......

Thanks .
Hi all. My avatar will now be the updated picts of the estate. Unfortunately just grass still and not a bulldozer in sight! Here's hoping I can post something exciting soon.
Hi eveyone and sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Just spoke with Campbell and November completion is looking slim. If they can get on site in June then a chance of november but he is doubtful they will be onsite in june.

Anyone interested in lobbying council? We are trying to organise a meeting with the mayor, Campbell and the council to get some answers. Anyone know other people who have bought that might be interested. We are going to try to get an email out to everyone if we can....

I think it is time we did something intead of waiting. 6 months delay well fair enough...over 12? NOT HAPPY!
Hello rapidMovers ,

Thanks for Update . So it means Settlement will be in Early 2012 ?
Hi Rapidmoves,

What was the reasoning behnid the delay?
Hi Rapidmoves

I am interested in joining this meeting and questioning about the delay? Can you please post the details so we can join.
Related
22/09/2023
Progress Payments - Flood rebuild

General Discussion

haha a draw? didnt realise we were battling!

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum