Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

New here

Page 1 of 1
Hello my name is Tracey and my husband and I have just put a deposit on a removal home. We have chosen a Queenslander style house because it is what we both like and we think it will look lovely on our newly purchased 2 acre block in a tiny little village in Central Qld.

We have renovated a couple of houses in the past......but this one is probably our biggest project and hopefully our last.

I am the "painter" lol and hubby is the "sparky" (and yes he really is one
)

I am looking at the correct way to prepare and paint tongue and groove walls and ceilings. I have the basic knowledge of painting (having worked in a paint store/s for 3 years and painted a few houses in the past also)........but was talking to a friend today who has renovated a couple of older style houses in her day
and she was saying that I would have to nail every board individually to prevent more movement and that I will have to use some sort of gap filler between each board also. After talking to her I am realising this painting job of mine is going to be a HUGE task.......but I will get through it. lol

Will be looking for some handy tips and ideas to make my life a bit easier lol

We do plan on eventually replacing the kitchen and bathroom as well.......but first there is one wall that needs replacement (not tongue and groove though) and the front verandah needs repair/replacement (we have done this before), painting (I have taken it upon myself to nominate for this job......since hubby will be doing ALL electricals
).

We are now very excited to be able to work on our "dream" of house on acreage.

I will now check out the info on this forum and hopefully I can learn all I need to know. Oh and I am hoping to be able to teach myself how to lay tiles. Hubby did that in this house when we had the kitchen installed.....and it looked easy lol but I still would like to learn how to lay floor and wall tiles.......because I have decided I would like to give it a go.
Related
17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

21/06/2023
New Pergola

Outdoor Living

Is there a building permit? RU in Victoria? What is the value of the building contract?

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum