Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Rates for Fencing

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am at the frame stage of constructing my new house, but as my neighbour is demanding for the fence, I have to look into the details of fencing at this stage.

There is no any estate covenants with regard to the fencing, hence looking for both Timer & Colour bond fences.

I would appreciate if you could state the Pros & Cons of using both these types for fencing & if you can forward me some recommended fencing contracters with the rates.

For your information, my block is located in south eastern.

Thanks for your info in advance
Hi there,

We are in QLD and have colourbond fencing. When we did ours (less than 1 yr ago) we paid $65m (linear metre...?
) - but I have recently seen prices advertised at $55m.

The thing I like about colourbond is there is no "right" and "wrong" side of the fence, as both sides look the same, as opposed to wooden fencing where someone is going to have the rail side, and someone has the 'smooth' side.

Not sure what the prices for wooden fencing is...?
Fences can be fun. The colourbond has advantages and looks are good, just beware that it can close down the breezeway around a house, especially if in a flat area with minimal breeze. I have been in some new houses where there is a breeze outside on the footpath but in the yard in lowblocked house it was really hot. The gapped fence palings allow some of the ground breeze through. Also timber panels palings are easily replaced, it costs more to replace a damaged colourbond panel.
What ever suits I guess.
Roshi
but as my neighbour is demanding for the fence, I have to look into the details of fencing at this stage.

If the neighbour is in a hurry for the fence, can't they do the investigation?

Just playing devils advocate
I paid around $65 per meter (split in half with neighbor) for timber paling fence with exposed posts on both sides and capping.. the fences were @ 2.0M. this fence was a requirement as per development guidelines... you could get it a lot cheaper without exposed posts and capping.

I'm in SE Melbourne.
htennant
Roshi
but as my neighbour is demanding for the fence, I have to look into the details of fencing at this stage.

If the neighbour is in a hurry for the fence, can't they do the investigation?

Just playing devils advocate

Maybe the OP wants to get across the facts and issues so that they can have a good yarn with the neighbour and not get ripped off, which is what could happen if you just left it to the neighbour.
Related
26/06/2023
Builder Labour Rates

General Discussion

Rates are for him.

25/09/2023
Invisible Channel Fix Glass Fencing

Pools & Spas

Need to remove glass panel out of concrete without wrecking the glass to get the spa room in, any recommendations on how to do that. Thank you

20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum