Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Page 1 of 9
Post a comment and let's see…..homeone would now like everyone if possibly to have an Avatar.

Don’t really care what of, just something you like or have a passion for.

Keep it clean and keep us smiling!
George Costanza - Director and Founder of Vanderlay Industries!
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Just in case anyone thought it was a self portrait)
Heres a new one for "me too"...

(Thats my Kevin '07 bash for the day)

I only just uploaded mine this morning!

Pretty obvious to any car nut, but for those who aren't into it, it is the Holden 5.0L EFI V8 used in Commodores from 1989 to 1999.

The actual picture is a scan of the 1989 magazine ad, and along the top & bottom I have photoshopped a "commodore' dash badge to read 'commodorenut'
Holden 5.0L EFI V8 used in Commodores from 1989 to 1999.

I knew THAT!!!!!

Oh by the way…that’s excellent….just what we want to see, things you are passionate about!!!
I saw a number plate on a VK the other day that read:

CMNHOR

Loved it!!
Well done guys and gals. It's nice to see the forum being more and more personalised!!

Hey matt, you own a Holden too don't you? Looked to me like a Senator in your blog pics?
**Phoenix**
Hey matt, you own a Holden too don't you? Looked to me like a Senator in your blog pics?

Don't go calling the Senator "a Holden".....
ahem...

As my learned friend Vanderlay pointed out:

It not a Holden .... its a HSV!

(same same just goes faster and looks better!)
Prefer FORDS myself!!!!
Here's mine - its my kitty Talin
Michelle
Prefer FORDS myself!!!!

I have no allegiance to any make.

I had an XY Fairmont GS 302 for my first car....

I miss the "armstrong" power steering and the "4and60" air conditioning.

It was a classic....
Is there a lion on the badge or not?

Yes, it is assembled at HSV but hey as long as it's not a FORD.... i'm cool.

We're a holden family through & through.... Dad worked there, Hubby & i were in the industry....I couldn't consider the alternatives....
I drive a new Subaru!!!!

Love the power and safeness of its easy handling!!

(no….they didn’t tell me to say that)
I have two words for you....

VOLKS & WAGEN
A HSV is still a holden.... HOLDEN Special Vehicles.....

The car is still assembled in Elizabeth SA by Holden, albeit minus a few extra goodies that get fitted over at Notting Hill (early HSVs) and then Clayton.

But to me, the really special Holdens were tweaked in a premesis in Port Melbourne - 35 Bertie Street to be exact, under the leadership of one Mr Brock.....(yes my real passion is Brock Commodores).

And no, I'm not being picky.... parked in my garage/driveway are a number of "Holden" commodores, wearing HSV and HDT build plates.

The work car is a different story! As the 'regulars' found out a few weeks back I admitted that I had an XR6 Falcon (which I quite liked) as a company car, before it was rudely destroyed by someone with no respect for road rules.

At this stage it looks like it will be replaced by a Subaru Liberty (Global "green approach" from our parent company).
Yes Ash…..hopefully will get to see that tonight for you!!
Related
25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

8/06/2023
Hello to all of you. Any advice please?

Building A New House

A question. Im in Queensland and building a new home. We managed to reach practical completion 6 weeks ago but we haven't heard any date for handover yet. Who should we…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum